Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Mint Chocolate Truffles


I like watching cooking videos on Youtube, and I once went on a Gordon Ramsay spree. In a two-part video, he made mint chocolate truffles with his children. Those are what I tried to make for my friends and to give to the staff of a tea house where my friend works.

The video doesn't give the proportions of ingredients, so I got them off Good to Know. I did change a few proportions myself, but more on that in the recipe below. For a few ingredients (butter, sweeteners), I simply eyeballed the amount. I also used as much chocolate as I had, and scaled down the rest of the ingredients based on that.




RECIPE
  Ingredients
  • 500 g dark chocolate, chopped
  • 500 mL heavy cream
  • 1 small bunch fresh mint
  • 100 g butter, softened
  • honey/brown sugar, to taste
  • unsweetened cocoa powder
  Procedure
  1. Lightly bruise the bunch of mint to release its fragrance. Put it in a pot with the cream.
  2. Heat over medium-low heat until bubbling.
  3. In a heat-proof bowl, put chocolate and butter.
  4. When the cream bubbles, mix in sweetener.
  5. Strain hot cream into the chocolate. Mix until chocolate is melted and smooth.
  6. Pour in a wide, dish. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate at least 1 hour.
  7. When cold, take teaspoonfuls out, roll into balls, and drop in a plate of cocoa powder. Roll around to coat.
  8. Eat within 3-4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment